MALE SKIN CHARACTERISTICS
Every day our skin is exposed to many stressful factors, that affects it’s wellbeing. Skin - our major organ in the body, is very vulnerable and during our life reflects the state of health. Daily routine of male hygiene and substancial differences of male skin compared to women’s skin, require different type of skin care products and treatments.
The improper use of female skin care products for the male skin may provoke unwelcome results and consequently – even damage the skin.
We would like to present the most important characteristics and differencies of male skin:
- Male skin doesn’t have defined layers of dermis.
- Male skin is for 16% greasier than female skin.
- The secretion of cutaneous grease is much higher due to the hormonal reasons, and, therefore male skin has more imperfections and oily parts, especially, in the T-zone.
- Dermis of the male skin contains more collagen, which makes skin more resistant, elastic and firm.
- The peripheral microcirculation is more active in the female skin.
- Unlike female skin, the aging process of the male skin is slower and starts later – begins at the age of 25 years and lasts all life.
- Male skin at 40 years starts suffering a range of problems – dryness, thickness and tonicity. This is the moment when wrinkles become deeper, especially, between eyebrows, in the eye contour and forehead.
- Daily shaving routine retards the cellular renovation and systematically damages the skin, provoking irritations, encystment and dryness.
- Other factors negatively affecting the male skin are following: aging, fatigue, stress, pollution, unbalanced diet, sedentary lifestyle, smoking and alcohol.